Why being alone on Valentine’s Day doesn’t necessarily suck
In case none of you had the time to notice all the hearts and red chocolates surrounding everything that used to have any monochromatic clue, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. And if you’re like me and still haven’t met the man (or woman) of your dreams, you might be feeling utterly miserable as a reminder of your loneliness echos when every glimpse of a red heart invades your view. So yeah, being alone on the big V-Day might not be the greatest of things, but I’m here to tell you it doesn’t necessarily have to suck. Hec, it might just even be one of the best days you’ll have this week.
First of all, if you havent had a chance to ever watch Parks & Recreation, then by all mean do it. Maybe even make Netflixing it one of your V-Day pass times?
Parks and Recreation brings up a not un heard of kind of day, one in which most of the female cast members celebrate together called Gallentine’s Day that coincides with the tradistional Valentine’s Day. I thought I would just tweak it up a little bit as well, because as much as friends rock, sometimes you just Melentine’s Day (The name might need a little tweaking there) to get in touch with one of the most important people in the world – yourself. And I’m pretty sure no one can ever argue with me about it.
So what do you need to do to make Valentine’s Day achieve its full Melentine’s Day potential you ask?
- Avoid social media – No explanation required.
- Do Yoga – Yoga helps you calm your nerve, focus better and strengthens your overall health and wellness. If your mind goes a stray way too often try starting your day with even a short Yoga session. If your new to I recommend trying out the first day on Yoga With Addriene 30 Days of Yoga series.
- Start reading a new book – Preferably that book that has been sitting on your bookshelf for so long but you just never had the time to start it.
- Pamper yourself – Move up your pamper day up a day and just soak yourself up in a nice bath
- Order Take Out – Or cook. Cus eating at home with your comfiest sweats beats wearing an uncomfortable dress, putting on a bra and wearing high heels everyday.
- Write – Try and calm yourself down and write down your thoughts. writing can help reconnect with your feelings and get in touch back in touch with yourself
- Netflix – Need i say more? Probably the best day for marathoning the hell out of Netflix.
- Tea – And Tea, and then some more. In your favourite mug even. Just because your worth it
- Music – Calm yourself down with a nice mellow playlist (You can even borrow mine Rainy Day’s Lament) or crank up the volume and dance around. Music never fails
- Nap – Because you can, so why not? It is reported that even 40 minute nap is a great mood booster
- Hug your pet – And if you don’t have any, seriously consider getting one.
And if that is still not enough, just think about it that way; While everyone’s spending way too much money on gifts, and take way too long to get ready. While everyone probably still needs to find a place to dine, or will have to wait to be sitted for hours – You’ll be at home, wearing the comfiest PJ’s you could find, and just sitting there. Chilling out and having the time of your life.
Have a happy Melenine’s Day, and please oh please, if you have any other suggestions for a different name comment down below and let me know. Melentine sounds way too much like some sort of a disease 🙂
Lots of love